Distribution Centre Helpers
Right now we are looking for distribution centre helpers for Rebourn, Harpenden, and for the St Albans area. You will welcome people to the foodbank centre, give and receive vouchers – as well as check their validity – prepare food parcels, make refreshments and clear the food bank when needed, and listen to our client’s problems and, if necessary, signpost them to further support.
It is important that our clients feel comfortable and heard when they come to their local food bank, so to be a distribution centre helper you have to be a strong team player, empathetic, organised and self-motivated; finally, you have to have excellent communication skills and an eye for detail.
Below are the distribution centres looking for volunteers and the URL links you can follow to register your interest:
- Christ Church New Greens Distribution Centre, 3 High Oaks, St Albans, AL3 6DJ: https://volunteer.trusselltrust.org/opportunities/51397-food-bank-centre-helper-christ-church-new-greens-distribution-centre-2023-08-02
- Redbourn Methodist Church, North Common, Reborn, AL3 7BU: https://volunteer.trusselltrust.org/opportunities/51595-food-bank-centre-helper-redbourn-methodist-church-2023-08-08
- Crabtree Distribution Centre, 139 Crabtree Lane, Harpenden, AL5 5RD: https://volunteer.trusselltrust.org/opportunities/51393-food-bank-centre-helper-crabtree-distribution-centre-helper-2023-08-02
- London Colney Distribution Centre, Caledon Road, London Colney, St Albans, AL2 1PU: https://volunteer.trusselltrust.org/opportunities/51395-food-bank-centre-helper-london-colney-distribution-centre-2023-08-02
- Cottonmill Distribution Centre, Cottonmill Lane, St Albans, AL1 2EF: https://volunteer.trusselltrust.org/opportunities/51346-food-bank-centre-helper-cottonmill-2023-08-01
Finally, we are looking for a warehouse assistant for the Redbourn warehouse. The role will involve sorting food by date and type, removing any damaged or out-of-date food. Receiving food donations from the members of the public and thanking them, you will check, weigh and record incoming stock, while preparing stock orders for the food bank and/or emergency food boxes. Aside from inventory, you will also be responsible for keeping the warehouse clean, safe and tidy, reporting any evidence of pests and health and safety hazards to the project manager.
The warehouse assistant ensures that the food bank’s operations continue to run smoothly so you have to be organised and self-motivated, have an eye for detail, happy with some heavy lifting, and you have to be a strong team member.
Follow this link to register your interest: https://volunteer.trusselltrust.org/opportunities/46773-warehouse-assistant-st-albans-district-foodbank-2023-04-25