We are looking for a volunteer to support us in our aim to ensure the Foodbank serves all those in need of support across the district
Community Liaison Manager
6 months part-time project
“… a chance to make a direct & meaningful impact on your community”
- Although our Volunteers are doing an amazing job, we believe we are not yet reaching all the vulnerable families & individuals who really need our help. Therefore, we must be more proactive in reaching out to them.
- In addition, we need to continue to build more effective, long term relationships with the Supporters of our Foodbank, such as schools, supermarkets, other charities etc.
- Reach out to the diverse groups within our district
- Encourage both current & communities new to us to make full use of our services
- Develop tools to support & build partnerships with existing & new Supporter organisations
- Create robust, long-term monitoring & reporting processes
This is not an easy task!
For many reasons, some people are resistant, or feel unable to claim the support we offer. There may be language or cultural barriers, or travel problems for some people, such as the elderly or disabled, or parents of young children etc – we know they need our help – we want to help them access it.
In addition we must maintain & develop the crucial sources of the food we give to the community.
Our aim is to ensure the Foodbank serves all those in need of support across the district – this is where you come in
This challenging new role requires a blend of skills, experience & personal attributes
- Ideally you’ll already have experience in a similar role – eg Community Liaison, Outreach Coordinator, Account Manager etc
You will definitely need –
- Strong communications skills – verbal & written
- Demonstrable organisation & administration abilities
- Significant social & cultural understanding
- Effective I.T. skills
- A ‘can-do’ attitude, a self-starter, get-the-job-done & deliver results
- Committed to helping the community
If you, or anyone you know, have an interest in this position please email the form below to [email protected]